Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A little sewing

Viola's daycare doesn't allow dresses :-( It's a safety-issue, the children climb trees, and dresses get caught on the branches :-( So...what is a girl to do? Viola is into princess-glittery-sparkly-dresses, of course she is, she's turning 4! I have been making her some new pants, for these she chose the fabrics for the pockets, and the sequin-ribbon embellishments.
She wanted 3 rows of sequin-ribbon: purple, pink and red. I had to stop after purple, I thought these pants were sparkly enough! Plus, she probably won't wear them much anyway, she loves her velour pants too much!

This saturday was cleaning-day at her daycare, I went and Charles stayed home with the kids. We were both totally beat that night, he's not used to having the kids a full day, and I'm not used to working away from home -unless it's school.
Charles and the children bought me this scale, I love it, it's hanging in the kitchen. My parents had one of these when I was growing up. They don't make them anymore, so Charles was lucky to find this used :-)
The scale I have is tiny, it can weigh a max of 500 g, but can really only hold app. 250 g of flour at a time.....That makes it really frustrating to bake bread. Or maybe I'm just impatient. LOL! This new scale can weigh up to 3 kg!! And it is nice and big too. So I am happy.

Yesterday Viola and I spent the day together, she had a dentist-appointment in the morning -she did so well, wasn't scared at all, and made her mom very proud!
Afterwards we went to the zoo. It was so wonderful to have a day just the two of us. I miss that, must make it a priority to do that more often.
After all, I can only do that as long as I study. Once I get a job, that will all change. Not that I don't have a lot of work now, I just have a more flexible schedule. No-one cares if I read at night, as long as I do the work.
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Unknown said...

what great trousers! She has an eye for details ;)

I LOVE that scale!!!!!!!!!!!

ladydi said...

Does the sequin ribbon go through the wash okay? Gorgeous pants! I'm glad you have time with your children - maybe when you get a job it can be part time so you'll still get to enjoy lots of growing up time with Viola and Ask. Their growing up years go by way too fast.

Betsy said...

those pants are too cool!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Fab, pretty trousers.

Suzanne said...

Very pretty pants and I think its so cute your Viola already knows what she wants to wear.

Tonya said...

I cannot even tell you how much I love that scale!!!! And it's ORANGE! Charles did good : )

And miss Viola's pants are awesome, definitely girly and sparkly LOL

A Thrifty Mrs said...

I love those scales by the way, so funky and a fab colour.

Eileen said...

Look at those cute little toes.
:-)
Well.. i can see why the school has those rules, But boy am I glad they didn't restrict dresses when my daughter was in school.. because that's all she wanted to wear. Those pants are very feminine though.. she should love them.

Anonymous said...

So nice trousers and the pockets are best of all!Enjoy the time with your children!!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the new trousers - perfect embellishments for a 4 year old!!

jacquie said...

lucky you to have a little girl, and one that likes sparkly things!

ladydi said...

I forgot to mention that a daycare that promotes tree climbing sounds like a really fun place!

Patricia said...

I love the pants, they are every 4 year old girls dream. very creative.

Christina said...

You are so colorful, I really enjoyed your blog. I would love for you to come play block lotto with me

http://patchesquiltworks.blogspot.com/2008/10/block-loto_30.html

Lisa said...

I have never heard of a daycare that didn't allow dresses! I do love her trousers, though! Does she?

susan said...

what fun pants!!
i am noticing from the other pic she does love her purple and pink!
my daughter dreaded the dentist. she has never had a problem with her teeth, but for some reason she hates dentists!!!

Amanda Jean said...

I love the scale!!! that orange color is wonderful.

Simone de Klerk said...

I remember my mom had a scale just like that. The very same color. Memories ... LOL Love the quilts you make (O: