Wednesday, June 4, 2008

An award! YAY!

The fantabolous Tonya from Puddinpop gave me the Arte y Pico award! I am so happy :-)
If you haven't already, you should visit Tonyas blog, she is the mother of 7 (yes....7) children, she sews beautiful outfits for them! And finds the time to share pictures with blog-friends too.

My nominations will be:

Diana Martin: She makes the prettiest miniquilts! Some with embroidery in them as well....

Mathea: Look at the bag she just finished! And she has some beautiful quilts too!

Lily from Block-a-Day: She is such a talented quilter and needlepointer (is that a word?). And she makes great tutorials, they make the most difficult things look doable.

Katy from I'm a Ginger Monkey: Because she appliques so beautifully!

John from QuiltDad: He is really talented! He did some table runners for mothers day that are just fantastic :-)

The rules are:

Once you've been selected, please follow these guidelines and pay it forward:

1) Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award based on creativity, design, interesting material, and overall contribution to the blogger community, regardless of the language.
2) Post the name of the author and a link to his or her blog by so everyone can view it.
3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
4) The award-winner and the presenter should post the link of the blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) Please post these rules!

The mini-quilt I made for I'm a Ginger Monkey has finally arrived, so I can show you what it looks like:

It's quite small, but I forgot to measure it before I sent it.....

My parent's are coming for a 3-day visit today. The kids are so excited! It'll be fun, the weather is really nice, so maybe a picnic tomorrow?

Which reminds me.... I REALLY need to make a picnic-quilt...LOL!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on the award Tine. Well deserved.

Unknown said...

Hello, just found you through blog hopping ... your quilt is lovely ! I love the flower. I make applique pictures (amongst other things) and mini quilts are on my 'to do' list.
Enjoy your picnic, hope the weather stays kind for you !

ladydi said...

Love the mini quilt, and I hope you have a great visit with your parents. How far away do they live? Thanks for the award; now if I can just figure out how to pay it forward. I'm not very computer savvy, but I'll try.

Unknown said...

congratulations on your award, and thank you for mine too!!!
I do love my mini quilt..I'll measure it for you - 9x9 inches.

A picnic quilt - that's on my list of things to do too...one day, one day!!!

John said...

I just got around to posting my award tonight. Thanks for nominating me, and sorry for taking so long!