Sunday, May 25, 2008

Manhole-covers

I went to a quilt-show once....ages ago it seems. And there were a lot of beautiful quilts there, I am sure. But for some reason, I only remember one quilt, this was before digital cameras, so I don't have an awful lot af pictures!

The quilt was called manhole-cover, and apparently, the quilter had taken pictures of these for years, and had finally decided to use one of the designs in a quilt.

I thought it was beautiful, and a fun idea.... I took these photos today, wouldn't these designs make some fun quilts?
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Lynn said...

What a great idea. I especially like the last picture. Wouldn't that make a fun quilt with the little fish on it? Thanks again for your "tours" I loved your previous post with the tower bookstore.

Michelle said...

How clever! and wow.. I've never seen manholes like that!! what a work of art.

Tonya said...

Hmmm, the manhole covers look nothing like that where I live! LOL

Those are gorgeous!

ladydi said...

What a brilliant idea - manhole cover art!

PhatSheep Textiles said...

I'll be looking at manhole covers wherever I go now! These are all lovely, I especially like the last one with the fishes.

Anonymous said...

Yugs, daw nabasahan ko naman ni sa iban nga blog?

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wow, these are gorgeous. much nicer than I've ever seen anywhere. thanks for stopping by my blog!

mathea said...

That last one is so great - I could totally see that one as a quilt!

Anonymous said...

How lucky you are to have such beautiful, inspirational manholes around! It's really a great idea.

Holly said...

Hey! Cool! You should look at the New Orleans Water Meter things... very quiltable!