Sunday, April 13, 2008

Purple skirt

I was so excited by the prospect of actually finishing something and Viola was very eager to get started, because she wanted a new purple skirt....have you guessed her favourite color yet?!

So I forgot to take pictures until we were almost done sewing!!

When it was time to sew on the binding, Viola was getting bored, and I remembered the camera!

I sewed most of this on my serger, and only did a little stitching on my sewing machine. I'm so happy with it, and even more importantly, so is Viola!

Oh....I almost forgot. It twirls! That seems to be the most important thing about a skirt ;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute skirt! And it twirls. Your daugther is a lucky little girl :-)

Lily Boot said...

Wonderful colours - tiered skirts are my favourite! And of course it's important that it twirls - such a pretty feeling! :-)

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. LOVE that skirt with it's happy colors. The most important thing when I used to make skirts for my daughter, who is 27 now, was that they twirl. I think she thought she was a ballerina.

Thriftin and Craftin said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Yes-I hope you'll be able to make your Bento Box quilt. If you do, be sure to put a link on my blog so the rest of us can see it. Great job on the skirt. Twirling is a must. I remember how much I loved a twirly skirt when I was little. I love the polka dot binding with the purple fabric!

Tonya said...

That little skirt is adorable, and purple and twirly : )